A compilation of news and articles about research integrity, research misconduct, and the responsible conduct of research.
- The lab management practices of “Research Exemplars” that foster research rigor and regulatory compliance: A qualitative study of successful principal investigators
- Scientists still behaving badly? A survey within industry and universities
- What’s in a picture? The temptation of image manipulation
- Ten simple rules for protecting research integrity
- Stanford researchers uncover patterns in how scientists lie about their data
- How to blow the whistle and still have a career afterwards: Or…how to conduct professional disputes professionally
- After the fall: Some scientists debarred for research misconduct remain on the faculty. How that happens may surprise you.
- Financial costs and personal consequences of research misconduct resulting in retracted publications
- US vaccine researcher sentenced to prison for fraud
- Deception at Duke: Fraud in cancer care?
- Research ethics: 3 ways to blow the whistle
- Duke officials silenced med student who reported trouble in Anil Potti’s lab
- So you want to be a whistleblower? A lawyer explains the process
Responsible Conduct of Research
- A randomized trial of a lab-embedded discourse intervention to improve research ethics
- RCR casebook: Stories about researchers worth discussing
- Responsibly conducting research
- Beyond responsible conduct: Taking responsibility for the responsible conduct of research
- The roots of research misconduct
- Who gets credit? Survey digs into the thorny question of authorship